Have you ever wanted to see the world and experience new cultures the way that the locals do? Staying in a hotel in the tourist areas of a country will not give you a look into how the locals live, but transient travel can give you a window into their world.
One place where transient travel is beneficial is the Philippines because there are more than 7,000 islands for you to explore the almost countless tourist spots in the Philippines.
Let’s take a look at some of the best transient housing options that you may want to check out during your journey.
Transient Houses in Baguio
Baguio is one of the most beautiful cities in the Philippines that is known as the City of Pines that is located deep in the Cordillera Central Mountains. At about 1,524 meters above sea level, you will have a beautiful view of the surrounding area. The weather in the town is a bit cooler than the rest of the country; ranging from 59 degrees to around 79 degrees Fahrenheit, making it a great place to get away from the heat.
If you are looking for a transient house in Baguio, there are more than a few options available to you. As a transient traveler, this is a great place to visit without spending a lot of money.
Here are a couple of other exciting things to do in Baguio:
- Visit the Our Lady of Atonement Cathedral during Holy Week.
- Check out the Panagbenga Flower festival each February along Sessions Road.
- Shop for unique items that are unique to this area at the Baguio City Market.
- Hike Mines View Park or Mt Sto. Tomas for some amazing views.
- Check out Tam-Awan Village; the art gallery on a mountain.
- Grab some coffee at Café Yagam.
Transient Houses in Tagaytay
Tagaytay is a city that is perfect for anyone who loves the outdoors. If you are a traveler looking for a transient house in Tagaytay, then you should be able to find plenty of options. The city is located on a cliff above Taal Lake, which means that there are some amazing views of the Taal Volcano that you can enjoy.
If you like the outdoors, there are plenty of beaches to visit and mountains to explore. In addition, the city has a lot of things to do that don’t cost a lot of money, so as a transient traveler, you will adore seeing the Tagaytay tourist spots.
Here are some of the things to try during your visit to the city:
- Visit the historical site called People’s Park in the Sky.
- Take a boat to the Taal Volcano, which is one of the active volcanoes on the Pacific “Ring of Fire.”
- Check out the Butterfly Garden or take a ride on the zip line at Picnic Grove.
- Try some homemade bread at Sonya’s Garden and walk through the conservatory garden.
- Try the Buffet at Bag of Beans.
- Take a ride on the largest Ferris wheel in the Philippines at Sky Ranch Theme Park.
Learn More: Travel Guide Tagaytay City By Traveling Morion
Transient Houses in Vigan
Vigan is one of the oldest towns in the Philippines, and it still has the Spanish- Colonial look of yesteryear, complete with cobblestone streets. In fact, horse-drawn carriages can still be seen on the streets. Vigan is a rather small town, so if you are a traveler looking for a transient house in Vigan, you should be able to find a place to stay that is close to all of the city attractions.
Since the city is so small, you can easily get a taste of what living in Vigan is like. There are a number of things to see and do, with most of them being within walking distance of each other. Here are some of the top things to experience in the city:
- Explore Crisologo Street at dawn for some excellent pictures of the cobblestone street.
- Visit the beautiful Syquia Mansion, home of the sixth President of the Philippines.
- Experience a river cruise on the Mestizo River.
- Taste a French Toastwich at Leila’s Café.
- Climb the Bantay Bell Tower from WWII and admire the view.
- Try the empanadas at Evelyn’s Stall near Plaza Burgos.
Learn More: Vigan City Travel Guide by The Happy Trip
Transient Houses in Manila
Manila, which is the capital of Philippines, is a lovely bayside city that is located on an island called Luzon. The buildings combine a mix of modern design and a Spanish colonial that is unique from most cities. During WWII the city suffered a near destruction, but since then, it has been rebuilt into the most populous city in the country.
Those of you who are looking for a transient house in Manila should not have a difficult time finding a place to stay. Being that this is such a populous city, this is actually a better means of travel to ensure that you can book a place to sleep.
Here are some exciting things to do while you visit the capitol:
- Spend some time with the aquatic life at Manila Ocean Park.
- Learn more about the history and the culture of the city in Rizal Park and Intramuros.
- Enjoy a day at Star City; it’s an amusement park for the entire family.
- Take a look at some famous art exhibits from the 18th century at the national Museum of the Philippines.
- Admire the work of Florentino Macabuhay in the Heroes Hall in Malacañang Palace.
- Check out the architecture at the Manila Metropolitan Theater.
Transient House in Baler
This coastal town is another location that a transient traveler should not miss. The town is the capital of the Aurora providence, and it is a surfer’s paradise. In fact, Baler’s Bay is the site of the beaches in the film “Apocalypse Now.” Whether you are staying for a night or a week, you can find a transient house in Baler to stay and plenty of things to explore.
Here are a few of the top attractions in Baler:
- Check out the Ditumabo Fall; you can hike the surrounding area as well as take a dip.
- Climb the roots of the 600-year-old Balete Tree.
- Experience the Duguisit Islets and the Lukso-Lukso Islets.
- Learn to surf; Sabang Beach is a great location to give it a try.
- Take a trip to the Baler Museum to check out some relics of the past.
- Try your hand at Pukot, which is a type of fishing that the locals enjoy.
Learn More: Travel Guide: Baler by Jane Galvez
Transient Houses in Cebu
Any transient traveler who wants to experience history, food, culture, and thrills in a new place should visit Cebu. There is so much to do in the city, and finding a transient house in Cebu for your stay should be simple. Don’t forget to try some chicharon while you are in the city because it is made fresh daily at most street vendors.
If you are an adrenaline junkie, then you can also go cliff diving, snorkeling, skydiving, wakeboarding, rock climbing, cave exploring, and go canyoneering. If you are a little less adventurous, here are some things to try while you are in Cebu:
- Check out the cross that Magellan first planted in the Philippines.
- Visit the Basilica Del Santos Nino to see the revered statuette of the Christ child.
- Take in the views of Tumalog Falls, Aguinid Falls, and Kawasan Falls; you can even go for a swim.
- Visit the Taoist Temple to learn a little bit about the Chinese community.
- Look at the breathtaking architecture of the Yap San Diego Ancestral House, which is the oldest in the country.
- Take a picture in front of the Lapu Lapu Statue.