Looking for the best tourist spots to see when visiting Cebu, Philippines?
Look no further! We have found the best activities, places, and food to put on your travel list.
Top Things To Do In Cebu
1. Go Scuba Diving / Snorkeling
Cebu is home to some of the best snorkeling and scuba diving in the world. While you are here, find a way to spend some time underwater.
2. Ride Public Transportation (Tricycle & Jeepney)
For most visitors taking a ride on a jeepney or a tricycle is a unique adventure that everyone needs to do. Also is a great way to get around like the locals.
3. Eat Great Food
Filipinos pride themselves on making delicious food. Keep reading to see some of the amazing dishes you need to try.
4. Go Shopping
The SM Cebu (Shopping Mall) is one of the biggest attractions in Cebu. Not only for the great shopping, but also for the iconic SM Cube statue.
Learn More: Top 10 Shopping Destinations in Cebu – Benz Next
Places To See In Cebu
1. Magellan’s Cross
One of the most iconic attractions to see in Cebu is the cross of Magellan. Ferdinand Magellan was the first European to come to the Philippines in 1521.
The explorer Magellan planted a cross to signify this important event about the propagation of the Roman Catholic faith in what is now Cebu, in central Philippines. The original cross is reputedly encased in another wooden cross for protection, as people started chipping it away in the belief that it had miraculous healing powers.
2. Basilica del Santo Nino
Cebu’s holiest church houses a revered statuette of the Christ child (Santo Niño) that dates all the way back to Magellan’s time. This church is one of the top sites to see on every travelers list.
3. Tumalog Falls
Southern Cebu is a paradise loaded with beautiful waterfalls. One of the most popular is the Tumalog Falls in Oslob. Words can’t describe the beauty so it is best of you find a way to see it for yourself.
4. Kawasan Falls
Speaking of amazing falls to see, another one to put on your list is Kawasan Falls. Found in Badian Cebu these falls are a peaceful natural place where you can enjoy many waterfalls.
Learn More: Kawasan Falls in Cebu, Philippines
5. Pescador Island
Pescador Island is a located in the Tañon Strait, a few kilometres from the western coast of the island of Cebu. It is most popular for its diving and snorkeling expeditions.
6. Tops Lookout
Want an amazing view of all of Cebu? Look no further than Tops Lookout. It comes with an amazing view of Cebu that is sure to take your breath away.
7. Taoist Temple
The Taoist Temple in Cebu is a famous tourist attraction. The temple was built in 1972 by the Chinese community and has been a must-see attraction ever since.
8. Yap San Diego Ancestral House
Considered to be one of the oldest residential houses in the Philippines, the Yap-San Diego Ancestral House was built sometime between 1675 and 1700. You can take tours to see exactly what it would have been like to live in the Philippines in the past.
9. Aguinid Falls
We’ve mentioned a few falls already on the list, but be sure not to miss Aguinid Falls! A favorite of adventure & nature seekers alike in Cebu. Expect to get wet as you travel through the several streams and falls.
10. Lapu Lapu Statue
One of the most popular photo opportunities in all the Philippines is the statue of Lapu Lapu. erected in honor of Lapu-Lapu, a native leader who defeated Spanish soldiers led by the Portuguese explorer Ferdinand Magellan in the 1521 Battle of Mactan.
Cebuano Foods To Try
- Lechon – One of the most famous national dishes of the Philippine’s is a whole spit-roasted pig.
- Adobo – Another famous national dish of soy sauce and vinegar marinade that can be applied to any meat, seafood, or even vegetables.
- Dried Danggit -This is dried out fish and a local favorite. Careful it can be kind of smelly.
- Balut – A very popular street food that is a developing duck embryo that is boiled and eaten from the shell.
- Chicharon – Known in the west as “pork rinds” these are a very popular snack that are made fresh everyday in the city.
- Otap – is an oval-shaped puff pastry that originated in Cebu. It usually consists of a combination of flour, shortening, coconut, and sugar.
- Mangoes – One of the most delicious and famous exports of the Philippines.
- Bananas – You’ll find several varieties of bananas. Take sometime to try each of them.
- Rambutan – We called these porcupine eggs because that is what they look like, but they are surprisingly delicious.
Language: Cebuano (Cebuano for travelers)
Population: 2,938,982 (2015 numbers)
Main Airport: Mactan–Cebu International Airport
Unit of Measure: Metric System
Electricity Voltage Rating: 220VAC (110VAC is available in Major Establishments/Hotels)